Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Modeling Method for Physics Teachers

SOCS-P
"You got to do inquiry, You got to do inquiry, You got to do inquiry."  This was preached to us, (Utica Teachers) at the beginning of this past year.  Not one damn example, lesson, methodology, or instructional practice was givin.  It was the "here's the theory, do it!" plan.  Skip ahead to today, as I walk off Mount Sinai with my two David Hestenes articles in my arms, which will require many rereads.  Ok, more like me walking out of the Oakland Schools center with my whiteboard stand and a new lease on teaching.  Oh, no, I've misplaced my metaphors.

"Modeling Methodology For Physics Teachers",  by David Hestenes, Proceedings of the International Conference on Undergraduate Physics, College Park, August 1996.

No comments: